- How do I get a Flip account?
- How do I purchase Flip?
- How much does Flip cost?
- How do I log in to Flip?
- What if I forgot my password?
- How can I change my password?
- What do I do if I have a problem logging in to Flip?
- What browsers does Flip support?
- Does Flip support mobile devices?
Creating a Community
- What is a Community?
- What document types are supported?
- Who can see my content?
- How do I invite others to join my Community?
- How do I delete or revoke member access to my Community?
- How do I add content to my Flip Repository?
- How do I add content to my Community?
- Can content be in more than one Community?
- How are Community Level Settings used?
- What are tags?
- Why does Flip discourage deleting files and encourage hiding files instead?
- How do I hide files?
Collaborating in Flip
- What is a heat-map?
- How do I make comments?
- Who can see my comments?
- How do I reply to comments?
- How do associate a comment with the part of the document?
- Why use tags?
- How do I search within a document?
- How do I take take advantage of filters?
- How do I hide the heat-map?
- How do I hide/view the comment screen?
Insights and Analytics
- How do I view the analytics in Flip?
- Who can view the analytics in Flip?
- How do I export the analytics in Flip?
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a Flip account?- To get a Flip account as an Administrator to allow you to Create a Community in Flip, please, Contact Us.To Participate in a Community in Flip, you will need to be invited by the Administrator of a Community. The Administrator will use an email that you have provided to activate your account.
Once your account is activated, you will receive an email from Flip containing a link that will allow you to establish your initial password and log in to Flip.
- How do I purchase Flip? - Flip provides personalized pricing options to meet the individual needs of your organization. For information on pricing and to receive a personalized quote from Flip please Contact us.
- How much does Flip cost?-Visit the Purchase page to request a customized quote for Flip.
- How do I log in to Flip? - You can log in to Flip by accessing the Log In Tab on the top navigation bar of the www.flipyourtriaining.com website or you can go to https://secure.flipyourtraining.com/production. As a first time user, click the link that says: “first time logging in? get started here>>”Enter your email address and click, continue. An email will be send to you containing a link that allows you to establish your initial password. Follow the directions to set up your personal account. Use the above log in url together with your email and password whenever you wish to access your community.
- What if I forgot my password? - If you forget your password, from the log on page, click on forgot your password? reset it here »
- How can I change my password? – If you want to change your password,select ACCOUNT SETTINGS from the left navigation bar on the Flip homepage. You can change your password here. Don’t forget to click change password before you leave the page.
- What do I do if I have a problem logging in to Flip? - If you are having problems with your log in. First, make sure you are using the same email and password that you initially used to set up your account. If you still have problems, Contact Us.
- What browsers does Flip support? – Flip supports the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8.0 and later
- Firefox 1.0 and later
- Safari 5.0 and later
- Does Flip support mobile devices? - You can share and manage content securely in the cloud, in any location, and on mobile devices*. *Flip supports iPad and Android tablets. Other devices may work, but we currently only support iOS and Android.
Creating a Community
- What is a Community? - A group of people who share, thoughts, experience and opinions around shared content and actively engage in learning together.
- What document types are supported? – Flip provides a secure, non-extractable document distribution system. Flip accepts most universally applicable types of documents including PDFs, PowerPoint, Images, movies, e-books and videos. Flip accepts unlimited content, so no worries about server overload and materials are backed up so no worries about lost material.
- Who can see my content? - Flip is housed in a password protected, secure platform. You must be invited by an administrator to set up an account, to become a member of a community, and to view content in a community. You must have administrative privileges to grant access to a community and to view and interact with the content in the community.
- How do I invite others to join my Community? - To invite others to join a community, you must be an administrator. On the homepage of the Flip website, select PEOPLE from the left navigation bar.You can add people individually or cut and paste from a spreadsheet. Follow the directions to add members and determine what privileges they will have within your Community. For more information view the Create a Community presentation on the http://www.flipyourtraining.com /website homepage
- How do I delete or revoke member access to my Community? - You must have administrative privileges to delete members or revoke access to current members.To remove members:
- Select the Comunity
- Select Members from the left hand panel
- Select the member you chose to remove
- Hit the remove button
- How do I add content to my Flip Repository? – From your Flip home page, select the plus sign + beside CONTENT REPOSITORY and follow the directions to add PDFs, Videos, or links.Once content is added or uploaded to your CONTENT REPOSITORY, you will be able to organize it into folders, if desired, and add it to a Community.
- How do I add content to my Community?- To add content, you must be an Administrator or have privileges to add content that have been provided by the Administrator.From the community click the + button at the top of the page next to CONTENT IN THIS COMMUNITY. From there select a file from your repository and add it to the community.To add content to a community, you must first add or upload the content to the CONTENT REPOSITORY.
- Can content be in more than one Community?- Yes, content can be added to more than one Community.
- How are Community Level Settings used?- Community Level Settings are used determine what privileges each members has within the community. These privileges are determined by the administrator.
- Why does Flip discourage deleting files and encourage hiding files instead? – Flip discourages deleting files because if a file is deleted, any comments that are associated with that file will be deleted also and cannot be referred to at a later date if needed. Instead of deleting files we recommend you hide so that members of your community can no longer access them.
- How do I hide files?- You can hide files, access YOUR FLIP REPOSITORY and select the content that you want to hide. Select hide.
Collaborating in Flip
- What is a heat-map? – A heat-map is a graphical representation of data where the individual values contained in a matrix are represented as colors. As more comments are added to a specific spot, the color of the comment will change
- How do I make comments? – To make comments in Flip you must be a member of a Community. Select COMMUNITY on the left navigation bar of the Flip homepage. Select the content that you want to review. You can make comments on specific spots on PDF, link, or on videos. On a PDF, place your cursor on a spot on the document and draw a box. Type the comment or question that you have in the box provided. Remember to save your comment when you finish. You have the ability on this page to determine who has access to view your comments.
- Who can see my comments? – When you make comments on content within a Community, you can determine who has access to view your comments.
- How do I reply to comments?
You can reply to comments by selecting, reply under the comment. Then type in the box that opens.
- How do associate a comment with the part of the document? – Comments indicate what page the comment refers to and when you select a comment, the comment displays beside the place on the document that it is associated.
- How do I search within a document? – To search within a document, you can type words you want to search for in the search box that is located on the comments panel.
- How do I take take advantage of filters? – Filters allow the comments to be categorized by member, by comments with tags, comments with stars, or comments with replies.
- How do I hide the heat map? – To hide the heat map, select off on the filters panel under the Heat-Map heading.
- How do I hide/view the comment screen? – To hide the comment screen, select >> below the content you are viewing and the comment screen will be hidden.
Insights and Analytics
- How do I view the analytics in Flip? - To view analytics in Flip, select the filters and stats tabs on the comments panel beside the content that is being reviewed.
- Who can view the analytics in Flip? - All members of the community can view the analytics on the Flip site. More detailed reports can only be requested by the administrator.
- How do I export the analytics in Flip? - Additional detailed, extracted reports can be purchased from Flip. Contact Support and request the type of extracted report that you desire.